Search

Sunday, August 28, 2016

2016

"The days go slow, but the years go fast"

Isn't that the truth. I can't believe there is only one more week until September!

Here's a recap of the year thus far:

In January I started teaching at Flip's Clubhouse. My dream job! :-D It was an amazing experience teaching preschool and gymnastics to the cutest 3-5 year old's ever.

In February... SUPRISE! as always ;-) We found out we were expecting baby #4... what? I thought you were only going to have 3 kids? Yup, me too. Due date: Oct. 13th 2016

The first trimester kind of stunk. It felt like another long winter. I was sooo sick and emotional I was sure this one was a girl. Luckily, I found out I could deliver at a smaller hospital, which I hope will give me a better experience.

Jayden continued to excel in 2nd grade. He absolutely loved his teacher. I'm so glad Jayden had him as a teacher, and how much Jayden grew in that class.

Alex was diagnosed with celiac disease. Poor guy can't catch a break. He was diagnosed initially by blood test and then it was confirmed with an endoscopy. It was a diagnosis that turned our life upside down. But he continued to do amazing in gymnastics and in preschool. He got to use a program called upstart which taught him to read, and was a student in the preschool class I taught.

We took quite a few trips down to St. George. I never thought I'd admit it, but I love having a mini van :-D Makes road trips so much nicer.

We found these gorgeous mahogany doors on clearance at our local hardware store. They were custom ordered for someone else, but were too big. SCORE!!!

Miss. Aliya had a rough time be left at home while mommy and Alex went to preschool and Jayden went to school. She got a lot of one on one (or TV) time with our daddy. I can't complain though, Ryan works nights, and did very good watching her after sleepless nights. But she and I got to do fun things once in a while!


Summer came which included camping and a couple more trips to St. George 
 


 


Alex graduated from preschool and upstart. Jayden finished 2nd grade, and Aliya came along for the ride. 
 Jayden turned 8!!!!! And chose to get baptized
The kids had an awesome time at my mom's company party at Lagoon. It was the first year Aliya really enjoyed it. I couldn't go on any rides because of the pregnancy. Speaking of pregnancy, we were so surprised to find out we were having another boy!!! He didn't cooperate at the 20 week ultrasound (I found out at 16 weeks with all my other kids, but since I went with a new doctor... I wasn't able to find out till 20 weeks.)... there was no way I was going to wait another month to find out what i was having. And so... I spent $50 bucks and got an elective ultrasound to determine what he was.



 Jayden started THIRD GRADE and Alex started half day kindergarten.
I'm really nervous about Alex's blood sugars being controlled or at least watched. Fortunately it's only 2.5 hours. And hopefully he'll be sensitive to how he's feeling. No preschool for Aliya this year. She gets to hang out with mom, and soon her baby brother.

She just turned 3!! :-O

This pregnancy has been going well. It actually is making me a bit nervous on how it's not exactly following suite of my other pregnancies. Blood pressures have been fairly consistent. And I never hit insulin resistance. I'm not sure what to think. I do know they're planning on inducing me at 37 weeks, but if things continue to go well, I may hold off and try to go a little longer. 
I'm 33.5 weeks now. I'll have an ultrasound to measure him in a couple of days. I was having pretty consistent contractions yesterday, but I'm pretty sure it was due to dehydration and the stomach flu. 

I'm not teaching preschool this year due to this baby. But hopefully next school year. 




No comments: