Search

Monday, July 28, 2014

PAR-TAY

I've never really loved throwing parties. The idea is appealing. But the planning, work and stress over powers the appealing idea!
Jayden just turned six. But it feels like he has been six for at least 7 months because that is how long he has been talking about having a birthday party. At first I thought (hoped) the idea would die down. But no, it just increased.
 First, he wanted to have a dance party (what????). He got out his "handy dandy notebook!" and planned away. Planned the menu, the people, etc.. I laughed it off.
  Every week he was planning his birthday party with a new sheet of paper. I realized I wasn't going to be able to talk my way out of this one without breaking his heart.
  We finally settled on an Avenger party, and planned some fun games!
Thankfully the weather was perfect... Our grass was dying and ugly, but luckily 4-10 year old boys don't care!









So after the game of, "Hero, Hero... Villain!" (didn't get any pictures)
We did the super hero obstacle course. Going down the slipn' slide. Through a series of hula hoops, around the canopy, up to a pool full of balls. In the pool full of balls they had to pick up as many balls for each year they were. My poor nephew, Ethan had to pick up ten balls. And then they did it again, and again, and again...

Then it was time to capture the evil villain (my cute husband) before he could ignite (pop) all the bombs (black balloons) in the city (our backyard). The kids had the most fun with that. And I don't think Ryan has worked out  so hard in a very long time. Luckily, the superheros won after only a few casualties. 



(Jayden has no legs!!!!)

We then threw water balloons at villains (laminated evil guys with push pins that were pinned up to the side of the house)....

Time for snacks!







 And then there were presents, which I think was Jayden's favorite part.
Thanks to all those who came!

It was a lot of fun. I'm so grateful to my gorgeous sister in-laws who helped me with the water balloons, preparing the snacks, and adding super cool super heroes to the cupcakes.
And for my mother and father in law who helped clean up everything!

As a child I never understood why my parents wouldn't let me have a friend party every year.
Now, I get it.




No comments: