Search

Thursday, August 20, 2009

I love this boy...

3 days a week I do a deep cleaning of the house. I usually start during Jayden's afternoon nap and finish up when Ryan gets home and can occupy Jayden. On Monday Ryan went out 4-wheeling with some friends and was gone all day. I was still determined to get as much cleaning done as I could. Jayden was pretty good but towards the end he was following me around whining. I held him- and he was still whining (I wish he could talk already!). Finally I wondered if he wanted to clean (Seriously- WHO WOULDN'T want to clean?). I handed him a swiffer and he went to town. Toys cannot even entertain this boy for more than ten minutes... but with that swiffer he was still going after fifteen minutes. I was beaming with joy :) So I vacuumed the kitchen floor while he swiffed. We make a great time. Eventually he got tired of the swiffer- which was good cause I needed it to mop. He got to his "whiny" stage again. This time I gave him a wet wash cloth. FORTY FIVE minutes he wiped cupboards, the floor, chairs... It was the cutest thing ever. That's my boy!! I hope it lasts! Here's a video I took 15 minutes after I had finished cleaning:
I hope this will last... forever! :)

8 comments:

Clement Clan said...

oh my gosh, seriously that is soooo dang cute! he is honestly the funniest little guy. keep posting videos of my baby and tell him everyday that is great aunt kathy is very great and that she loves him tons and tons. PS - Plan on having very little time with him this weekend. He's mine (fine deanne- I'll share him a little with you)

Nikki Taylor said...

Can he come over to my house?! I am in some need of some deep cleaning and he looks A LOT more helpful then my husband! ;) So cute!!

Marianne said...

Holy cow that is so cute! Ha Ha, he looks like he has a lot of energy to burn. I should try that with my kids.

Kristen said...

I love it! Miles mopped our kitchen floor for about 20 minutes a couple weeks ago. He loves helping around the house. I'll have to try giving him a wet washcloth. I haven't done that yet. Hope all is well!

Gretchen said...

you are such a good wife. and what a good helper! maybe he can teach lucy a thing or two.

Nicole said...

What a cutie! I can't believe how big he's getting! Just wait until he can push a vacuum...that's what my boys love to do!

Erica said...

Haha, that's precious! Way to go Jayden.. you should start hiring him out ;)

Chris and Tara said...

Oh my heck that is soooo cute. I'm gonna have to show this to Chris. Love that boy!