Search

Monday, December 29, 2008

Our Christmas 2008

This time last year I had just barely found out I was pregnant and was just dreaming about what Christmas would be like with our new baby. :) For some reason I was imagining him sitting up, unwrapping all the gifts, and being so happy about getting all his new toys... maybe next year :)

We had a great Christmas and were safe in our travels despite all of the crazy weather.

I had printed off a few copies of this picture of Jayden:

to give to our Parents and Grandparents for presents. Last minute (Christmas eve) I decided I wanted to do vinyl lettering on the picture frames that I had painted. Oh my heck- I had no idea how much work went into that! Ryan's mom has a vinyl lettering cutter machine (Im sure thats not what it's called- but you get the idea). I decided we could use that. After four hours of trying we finally got it to cut right... and then came the even harder part- peeling the little letters off the paper. Never again :) I worked for a couple of hours Christmas Eve and then we headed down to Mapleton to have a Christmas Eve party with family.
We got stuck behind a pretty bad accident- so it took us about 2 hours to get down to Mapleton instead of the typical hour. It was so good to see everyone. Jayden was so patient being passed around- I'm sure he really appreciated all the attention since we had been running around like mad all day trying to get the last minute gifts together- we had not been able to hold him very much :)
We were going to get up early to do stockings and our gifts but we had gone to bed much too late the night before- And I didn't want to mess up Jayden's sleeping schedule more than it already was. :) We ended up doing it between families.
Christmas day we spent time with both families. Unfortunately due to weather we weren't able to spend very much time with either side. Jayden was definitely interested in all the food we were eating. He's been working on solid foods for a couple of weeks but he's just not quite ready for the french toast or ham like he thinks he is :)
He wasn't able to unwrap all his gifts by himself but he did a pretty good job with a little bit of our help. Granted at the time he was more interested in the wrapping paper than the actual gift he has come to really enjoy his toys. And mom is really enjoying his clothes. :)
I didn't take any pictures :( But I did take a lot of video which I'll try to post on here later.
All said, Christmas was great! We got so many amazing gifts and are so grateful for the generosity of our family and friends.
We hope everyone had a great Christmas as well!!!

4 comments:

Blanck said...

cute picture. A lot can happen in a years time huh?

Stephenson and Katie said...

That picture of Jayden is SO SO Cute!!! I can't believe how big he's getting, he's the best baby ever!! I hope you guys had a great christmas!

Anonymous said...

He is the cutest baby in the whole world. We love him! Thanks for letting us snag him Christmas Eve

ariel said...

what a cute picture! he's so handsome.