Search

Thursday, October 11, 2007

cRaZy WeEk

Ryan had Columbus Day off (yay for government jobs!), and I got off at 8 in the morning so we did some major work around the house. I got a new office set up from Ryan's mom. They have been remodeling their house, so we're getting all of their "old" furniture. It's really nice stuff! We've traded in our two old black laminate computer desks for a nice solid wood computer desk, shelves, and filing cabinet. We bought a closet organizer from Home Depot for the office. I have been trying to put everything in the guest bedroom (future baby's room) into our office so if people come visit, or if we ever have to revamp the room it won't be too painful. It has been a difficult task, but the closet organizer made it a breeze. :) ... Despite the 5 hours I put into organizing these two rooms today, there is still so much to be done, and it's stressing me out. I still have the two computer desks sitting in our hall silently begging Ryan to take them downstairs. He has managed to avoid that task quite well.
I would like to organize the crawl space and garage before the weather gets too chilly, but it doesn't look like time is going to permit this week.
My little brother Josh is coming over to stay with us over his UEA break. He'll be here either later today or sometime tomorrow. I was planning to do some fun activities with him but life put a fork in that.
The grandfather of the lady I nanny for just passed away. For that reason they are going to need me a few extra days this weekend. It's kind of stressful because I want to help them, but I'll have Josh this whole weekend and I'll be working graveyard shift for Jetblue which means NO SLEEP! So I'm hoping everything will run smoothly and I'll be able to find odd hours of the day to catch up on sleep. I don't know what I'll do about Josh. I'll probably take him with me. They have a lot of stuff to entertain him.
In other news...
I got a letter from Steven... he's supposed to go out to Ecuador on the 19th of November. He's doing well.
I went to a baby shower last night and out of 10 guests I was the only one that wasn't pregnant (not including the host)... Welcome to young neighborhoods :)
I'm supposed to go to a jewelery party this evening, but I'm not sure that's going to happen. I'm so tired!!
Ryan has a job interview next week for a company that would give him experience in engineering.They offer tuition reimbursement in engineering which would be EXCELLENT because he's planning on going back to school to major in that field. There would be a 4 dollar pay cut :( BUT it's something we're looking into!
Well that's all for now. I hope everyone is doing well!

No comments: