Search

Sunday, May 5, 2013

The Joys of Motherhood

You know what I am referring to, right? That moment when your kid smashes your favorite perfume bottle. Or when your two year old picks up an old pile of dog poop and sticks it in his mouth. Those times you ask, "Is motherhood really worth it?"
    My four year old managed to top all of those moments today. I'm sure I'll look back on this and laugh. And I certainly plan on telling his posterity all about this. But right now I'm pulling my hair out.
    Jayden was playing hide and seek with his dad. He hid in the "Blue room". AKA, future baby's room, but currently the room full of all the stuff we're trying to sell or don't know where to put. I asked him where his hiding spot was and he told me it was right next to his Secret Pee Spot. Secret pee spot??? I asked him where his secret pee spot was, hoping it wasn't what it sounded. He explained to me that it was his secret spot that he went pee. Right on the carpet between the table and the ladder. I asked Ryan to check it out... and yup, completely saturated.
    After sending Jayden to his room for a bit I sat down with him and had a talk. I asked him why he had a secret spot to pee. He told me he didn't like the sound of the pee going in the toilet. Oh joys. "How many times have you used your secret pee spot?" His response? "Probably about a hundred times..."

Oh what to do? Clearly there is just something about this house that attracts all urinating species to the carpet. Good thing he's cute.

No comments: