Search

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Our BIG news

We got a new car!!!



But that's just to throw you off :)


I'm always scared to share this news since diabetic pregnancies are so high risk. I'm afraid once it's publicly announced something terrible will happen. Just like I bought a bunch of girl clothes and Jayden turned out to be a boy :). All bad karma aside- we're very excited to announce that I am 13 1/2 weeks pregnant and have made it past the first trimester!


13 1/2 weeks

I have a due date of February 2nd- and since they never let a diabetic go full term I will be induced the week of January 23rd if no other complications arise.

This pregnancy has been SO different than my last.

*Morning sickness in full force... still waiting for food to regain it's appeal.

*I definitely have been more tired. I know, I know- I have a two year old so what should I expect? But it has been exhaustion beyond chasing a two year old. It's very different than my first pregnancy.

*With Jayden my skin got super clear, My hair grew in really thick and I had to shave maybe once a month. I LOVED pregnancy. This one- bad skin, my hair is falling out in the shower, and I have to shave every few days... what!?!?!?

*With Jayden I didn't get big very fast, but just gained weight in the belly area. This one... well, I'd rather not talk about it since it's a sensitive subject.. grumble.. grumble....

So this pregnancy has been difficult but I am very grateful that we have been given the opportunity to bring another baby into the world. We're excited for our family to grow a little bigger. Since this pregnancy is so high risk we go to the Doctors a lot. I get to see the baby once a month via ultrasound which is really neat. We're hoping to find out the sex on Aug. 19th. *crossing fingers*

Diabetes has been under pretty good control during the last few months. It's never perfect which is frustrating because Im a perfectionist- BUT we're praying really hard that there won't be any complications.

Anyway- that sums up why Im getting so fat and have been a hermit ;)

23 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! That is so great! I will be praying for you that everything will go well!

Kristen said...

Yay!!! Congrats to you guys. I hope everything goes well. Hang in there with being so tired.

Linda said...

Congratulations! That's fantastic!

Joanna McGuire said...

Congratulations Tiff, I am so happy for you guys. I will be hoping and praying for you that there are no complications. Good luck with everything.

tracy layne said...

What?!? Surprise!! I'm so happy for you guys! yay for babies!!

Eva said...

So exciting!!! You did so well at not telling! congrats!!! Let me know if you need anything!

jamirodana said...

Oh Yay! I'm so happy for you guys!
You look great!
I hope it's a girl:)

Tricia said...

Congrats! Can't wait to find out the sex. Yay!

Emily said...

Congratulations Tiffany! That is fantastic!!

Jackie said...

YAY yay yay! That is such exciting news! Congrats!

Marianne said...

Congratulations! I hope you start feeling better soon!

Ashlie Dalton said...

congratulations tiffany!!! you are NOT fat- you look great.

Nikki Taylor said...

Oh Tiff I am so excited for you! I have been thinking about you ever since you came to visit when I had Jayne, hoping I would see a post about this soon. SO HAPPY FOR YOU! Congrats girl!

Nikki Taylor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shawnee said...

Congrats!

Heather Strong said...

Congrats! You are due just like a few days after me! Good luck!

Amy said...

Cute car! Cute tummy! Hooray for you!

Camey said...

YEAH! That is so exciting! I am glad you will have another little one. I feel like I haven't seen you in forever! I bet it is a girl, not only because it is different, but seems like everyone I know is having girls!
What kind of car is that? I like it, it is really nice! I am jealous. Until Clif has a job we still don't have enough room for everyone in a car!

Chris and Tara said...

Congratulations my hermit friend. I do hope you're starting to feel better and more awake. We'll keep praying for you. Ü

dave + kirst said...

congrats Tiff! we'll do this together! with my two sisters and like 5 cousins who are preggo... when it rains it pours! it's fun that i know so many pregnant people having kids at the same time :)

Erica said...

Ahhh.. I'm so excited to take your maternity photos. Huzzah! :D

Fox Family said...

congrats!!! Can't believe Jayden is so big! You had just had him last time I saw you.

Blanck said...

tiff
that is fabulous news! You are such a good mommy. It will be fun to see what this little one will be. We are expecting as well. A little girl in November.
good luck my friend. Can't wait to hear how things go.