Search

Thursday, July 16, 2009

... The detailed post

Okay I decided I would do a detailed post with the pictures.
It is a bittersweet day for me. A year has already passed since I had Jayden.
It came so quickly that it SCARES me. Time seems to go by way faster when you have a baby!! :)

Jayden wasn't supposed to come this early. But because of preeclampsia I was induced at 37 weeks. Looking back- I wish he would have been able to stay in the oven a little longer since his lungs weren't completely matured at delivery which caused a lot of heart break.

The first 11 days of Jayden's life was spent in the NICU. It was the hardest thing I have ever had to endure. I spent every day in the hospital- and it never felt right leaving him there when the time came to go home. I was only able to hold him for an hour a day.. some days only 15 minutes. It broke my heart. It still makes me sick thinking of all that bonding time we missed out on.

But fortunately we have more than made up for that. Jayden loves to cuddle. And being the big mama's boy he is- he has more than compensated for those 11 days I wasn't able to hold him very much.

It has been such a joy watching him grow. Watching him learn and experience new things. His personality has been so apparent since day one. He is SO mellow. I don't know how we got so lucky (it might have something to do with Ryan's genes though). He is one tough baby. He has had more shots, pokes, and bangs than any baby I know and he takes it all without tears.

Getting his teeth... now that's a different story. Lately he has been crying a lot and that breaks my heart but hopefully it'll be over soon and he can be back to my happy go lucky child.

Yes sometimes it does take a while to get this boy to crack a smile. It seems like he's just too busy analyzing things... like his daddy :)

In the last year Jayden learned:

*TO ROLL
*TO CRAWL
*CLIMB
*CLIMB UP STAIRS
*CLIMB DOWN STAIRS
*CLAP HIS HANDS
*FOLD HIS ARMS
*OPEN DRAWERS, SHELVES, DOORS
*CLIMB OUT OF HIS STROLLER
*TO SAY "MAMA, DADA, NO, WHAT, BALL"
*TO FEED BELLA HIS FOOD
*TO SHARE

....Okay seriously he learned to do a million things in the last year and it's probably really boring to read. :) Im anxious for the years to come. Tomorrow I will take his "12 month pictures"

3 comments:

Stephenson and Katie said...

Happy Birthday sweet Jayden! That year HAS flown! Crazy! He's so cute, I loved all the monthly pics! Hope you guys have so much fun celebrating!

jamirodana said...

Aww....sweet.
Happy Birthday Jayden!
Thanks for letting me capture him throughout his first year:)
He is a doll!

Chris and Tara said...

Now we just have to teach him to say Tara. Ü