Search

Friday, November 2, 2007

Halloween and such

The last couple of weeks have been fun. I didn't see Ryan very much last weekend. The Elders Quorum Presidency was in charge of the Ward Halloween Party so Ryan was pretty much gone all day setting up. It was okay though because I was at home planning for a girls night out. :)
From what Ryan said the Halloween Party was a lot of fun. The girls night was a blast. We carved pumpkins (mine didn't turn out so well :( ..), Had chocolate fondue, and pizza! The chocolate was kind of grainy and I was pretty upset about that because I bought the "really expensive" chocolate. But it still tasted good :) We were STUFFED by the end of the night.
Halloween was fun- we bought way more candy than we needed. But that was okay cause I ended up eating most of the chocolate before Halloween :} I'm a sucka for chocolate!! I think our doorbell only rang 10 times... so towards the end I was handing out handfuls of candy. We didn't dress up... I wanted to, but I had to work so I didn't have any time to make up a costume. Ryan had a costume, but he fell asleep on the couch :)
Anyway- November is here and I am so excited!! I love this time of year. It means Christmas is next month. And in 20 days I can decorate for Christmas and it wont be tacky :) Christmas is my favorite holiday. I love the memories, the smells, the sights.. and I am SO EXCITED to have our first Christmas in our own house. I get butterflies in my stomach just talking about it.
Also Black Friday.. it's a tradition to go shopping the day after Thanksgiving. We always spend way too much money, but we save for it :) And it's fun together time standing outside in the cold ;)
This weekend is going to be busy. Today (Friday) I will work for another hour (until 5:30 a.m.) and then I am going to sleep for a couple of hours so I can go into work (nannying) at noon. I will be there till six. I'm not really looking forward to this, but the twin's parents are out of town. I will then take their dog home since we're watching him for the week. As soon as I get home Ryan and I have a wedding to attend... and when we get home I'm going to sleep! :)
Saturday my parents are having a "Dia de Los Muertos" party. I guess a lot of extended family will be there so I'm excited. I haven't seen extended family for a while :) Then Ryan's sister will be playing volleyball up here Saturday evening. We haven't seen her since August. She's been at school at Yuma on a volleyball scholarship. We're really excited to see her. I don't know if we'll be able to hang out with her at all. I guess it depends on what her coach says.
Anyway- that's the latest going on here. We're STILL waiting on our background checks... but I found out there are a few other things we can work on while we're waiting. I still need to write the birthparent letter. I am way nervous about doing that for some reason. What can I possibly say? Anyway- I'll keep everyone posted!

No comments: